Install Fedora Button for LiveCD

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Apr 3 19:41:54 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 12:44:17 -0400,
   Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:

>That really depends on what use cases we see for our live cds. In my
>view, there's really only two:
>
>The primary use for a live cd is to install.
>
>And then, there is a secondary use where you want to review or test
>without the intention to keep a permanent install.

You can use it as a rescue image, which is similar to the the latter case.

You can also use it as a way to have trusted image to run on machines
you don't get to install software on.

>Anyway, we can easily arrange things so that the installer does not get
>autostarted anymore once you tick the 'No thanks, just playing'
>checkbox.

That won't work on write once media. Even on a USB you need to have
added an overlay or home area when you put the image on the USB or
you aren't going to be able to change things.