Feedback on secondary architecture promotion requirements draft

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 06:23:49 UTC 2012

On 04/04/2012 02:59 AM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> Actually not just American tax law. European tax law (both EU and
> national/provincial/etc), International trademark law (again US, EU,
> and local ones), and various other corporation and non profit laws.
> Basically you have to spend more time dealing with teams of lawyers
> than you do coding..

So you guys are trying to claim that taxes are what prevents the
community from contributing and for the project to accept those
contributions?

I for one would think the project could be categorized as not for profit
organization.

It may not be one today which simply begs the question what's preventing
us becoming one tomorrow...

In any case there are ways to work around Red Hat and taxes should the
community be forced to do so...

JBG