Issue with patches on gdesklets

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 09:48:44 UTC 2012

On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 21:08:53 -0700, LT (Luya) wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have an issue rebuilding a gdesklets package using koji. According to
> the task:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=3962388
>
> Hunks seemed to be rejected. Can anyone check what went wrong. Thanks in
> advance.

This is basic package maintenance stuff. Does it build for you in Mock
or plain rpmbuild? Have you verified that the patches apply cleanly (note
that the maximum fuzz factor is set to 0) or may need to be rediffed?
You can run "rpmbuild -bp gdesklets.spec" repeatedly or try to apply them
manually running the patch command.

Btw:

> + /bin/cat /builddir/build/SOURCES/gdesklets-desktop.patch
> + /usr/bin/patch -s -p0 -b --suffix .desktop --fuzz=0

Caution! This suffix ".desktop" bears a risk, because the backup
file with such a file name extension will match a "*.desktop" wildcard
anywhere in the spec file and/or the build framework. Something like
this has lead to including wrong/duplicate files in a package before.