Feedback on secondary architecture promotion requirements draft

DJ Delorie dj at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 18:40:16 UTC 2012

> Used.  There is a process for donating hardware in place, and it's been
> used before.

Ok, so it sounds like there's a method in place for entities-with-cash
to use that cash to benefit Fedora, as long as they are OK with not
getting the tax break and they're willing to go through a little
effort.

So between sponsoring cons, travel, hardware, etc... what can *only*
be done with Red Hat Cash?  Is there anything that an individual
cannot say "I'll pay for that (and/or buy that) for you" ?

/me wonders if this sponsor-donate path needs more coordination and
publishing, maybe a "shopping list" approach.  Let "donors" choose one
or more items for a list-of-things-we'd-otherwise-need-cash-for and
just buy them (hardware) and/or pay for them (travel etc).