Feedback on secondary architecture promotion requirements draft

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 4 19:45:20 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 2:40 PM, DJ Delorie <dj at redhat.com> wrote:
> So between sponsoring cons, travel, hardware, etc... what can *only*
> be done with Red Hat Cash?  Is there anything that an individual
> cannot say "I'll pay for that (and/or buy that) for you" ?

Absolutely.  An individual or organization can say "We'll pay for
Joe's travel" or "We'll pay for lunch on Saturday" or "We'll pay for
the internet connection" or a myriad of other things like that.  They
just need to pay for those things directly -- they can't just hand
Fedora a pile of cash.

> /me wonders if this sponsor-donate path needs more coordination and
> publishing, maybe a "shopping list" approach.  Let "donors" choose one
> or more items for a list-of-things-we'd-otherwise-need-cash-for and
> just buy them (hardware) and/or pay for them (travel etc).

We've put together a prospectus for a couple of the FUDCon events to
do that very thing.  Feel free to help us amplify that and make it
easier to find.

--
Jared Smith