Graphical Rescue Mode

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Apr 5 12:43:28 UTC 2012

Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
> Detecting and mounting the file systems is straightforward and that's
> what anaconda does. I read the request as wanting to also make the
> live environment chroot into the detected sysimage and start the
> system up interactively from there. That seems harder but maybe it's
> doable (since you don't have to worry about packages being available
> on the CD as you can use what's already in the installed environment).

Then you misread it. ;-)

All I want is a button that mounts /mnt/sysimage the same way as the rescue
image does (and possibly opens it with xdg-open so the average user can see
what's up), so that I can use the graphical tools on the live image (NOT on
the installed system, those might not even work due to broken dependencies
etc.) to rescue things.

        Kevin Kofler