F17 btrfsck crash

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Apr 9 06:24:37 UTC 2012

I have an inconsequential F16 VM that uses btrfs. The VM went psycho for unknown reasons and I had to force quit. Realizing btrfsck can't fix a problem, I was curious if it would see any problems. So I loaded the F16.vdi as a 2nd SATA disk in an F17 VM. I get the following results:

[root at f17v chris]# btrfsck /dev/sdb4
couldn't open because of unsupported option features (8).
btrfsck: disk-io.c:684: open_ctree_fd: Assertion `!(1)' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

[root at f17v chris]# btrfsck /dev/sdb5
couldn't open because of unsupported option features (8).
btrfsck: disk-io.c:684: open_ctree_fd: Assertion `!(1)' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

If this is expected, fine. If it's unexpected, I can provide more information. The F16 VM appears to be working fine, all data is intact, and I get no mount errors in dmesg. But btrfsck crashing is, to me, unexpected.

Chris Murphy