Primary Architectures: Another Proposal (RFC)

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 12:21:32 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Björn Persson wrote:
>> So what it boils down to is that you wish you didn't have to wait for the
>> build to complete in Koji before you submit the update in Bodhi
>
> Not really, because I have no idea whether it will build in the first place
> before the build is complete (on any architecture)!

Because you, as the maintainer of the package in question, aren't
building and testing the package locally before you submit the official
build?  Or you aren't leveraging scratch builds to do the same if your
local hardware is prohibitively slow?

I don't think we need to encourage more "throw it at the wall and see
if it sticks" maintainership.

josh