Mozilla plugins packaging [Re: SELinuxDenyPtrace: Write, compile, run, but don't debug applications?]

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Mon Apr 9 16:11:48 UTC 2012

On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 17:56:06 +0200, Paul Wouters wrote:
> Only if you man the helpdesk for answering why users cannot install
> adblock in firefox.

Do you mean mozilla-adblockplus-1.3.10-4.fc16.noarch? And if it is so wanted
feature let it be installed in default Fedora installation and nobody will
ask.

This is what makes GNU/Linux easy - no need to spend time installing (and
configuring) parts of it like in other OSes.

> You cannot take extension additions away from within firefox. People
> except that method to be available, and would not know to use the Fedora
> Package management system to install these.

If they do not know how to use the Fedora Package management they cannot use
Fedora.

> Unless you want to hack firefox so that "add extension" hooks into
> PackageKit and all.

Sure that would be even better but I do not find it required.

Thanks,
Jan