Mozilla plugins packaging [Re: SELinuxDenyPtrace: Write, compile, run, but don't debug applications?]

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 10:52:30 UTC 2012

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:40:14 +0200, drago01 wrote:
> rpm packages do not magically fix security issues. A vulnerability in
> a plugin can be exploited by an attacker regardless how the plugin got
> installed. (rpm or not).

This is still unrelated to the point whether Fedora is a Free distro or not
(it is not due to Linux firmwares - this part is known). So why isn't Flash
+ acroread etc. also installed by default or be available in repositories?

I still do not see the difference between Adobe software and Mozilla plugins.
Or as a follow-up to Matej Cepl - do the U.S. laws apply to Mozilla and not to
Adobe?

Thanks,
Jan