SELinuxDenyPtrace: Write, compile, run, but don't debug applications?

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 11:55:35 UTC 2012

On 04/09/2012 09:58 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Matej Cepl wrote:
>> I am afraid you are not an ordinary Fedora user. If abrt/breakpad/etc.
>> works as they should, then I don't think majority of Fedora users have
>> any reason why to pull out gdb at all.
>
> Because DrKonqi or some other similar crash handler (DrKonqi is not the
> only one which works like that) uses it.
>
> Kevin Kofler

I have seen of gdm and NetworkManager execing gdb on crash.  You keep saying
other apps work like DrKonqi, can you give examples?

I am wondering if we could break the ability to give a traceback from the
ability to actually view and modify variables from an application.

All of these apps seem to be just collecting a traceback, is DrKonqi
collecting more?