SELinuxDenyPtrace: Write, compile, run, but don't debug applications?

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 15:01:44 UTC 2012

> On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 12:08:13PM +0200, Matej Cepl wrote:
>> On 8.4.2012 22:50, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> And, as I said, the alternative is that this gets turned off, by me
>>> and probably a very large fraction of other Fedora users.
>>
>> Without getting into this discussion much, I would just note a bit
>> of shocking news for you ... I am afraid you are not an ordinary
>> Fedora user. If abrt/breakpad/etc. works as they should, then I
>> don't think majority of Fedora users have any reason why to pull out
>> gdb at all.
>
> I see Fedora as more of a developer's distro.  The mission
> (particularly "Features" & "First") implies that to me.

So do I.

I also believe that Linux adoption is in a big part driven by
enthusiasts who install it to their friends' computers and invite others
to try. Because of this, it is important to cater for such power users
and developers, as they are the ones who eventually spread the word that
Fedora is a good distribution.

This is the reason why I find it important to make the life as good as
possible for the power users / developers / enthusiasts: when the they
like using Fedora and developing software with Fedora, they're likely to
also invite other people to try Fedora out. Which means more users, more
developers, more people to spread the word.

--
Kalev