While we're talking about RPM dependencies ...

Oron Peled oron at actcom.co.il
Thu Apr 12 07:08:24 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, 11 בApril 2012 17:49:29 Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 10:11:40AM -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> > So that's a factor of 25ish more data in the Requires list.  No, thanks.
>
> I'm assuming your argument is that you don't want to ship RPMs or
> repositories where part of them grows to be 25x larger.

I may be wrong, but I think 25x number of nodes in the
dependency graph would kill us faster than the size of RPM/yum
metadata.
Can our SAT-solvers handle this increase at all?

--
Oron Peled                                 Voice: +972-4-8228492
oron at actcom.co.il                  http://users.actcom.co.il/~oron