Building the GNOME 3.4.1 Release

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 10:42:09 UTC 2012

On 16 April 2012 11:32, Milan Crha <mcrha at redhat.com> wrote:
> Maybe he's just _currently_ busy, sleeping (consider different
> timezones) and so on? Anyway, I never asked to have those packages part
> of the auto-build list, and never was asked for acceptance. This is
> easily distinguishable, isn't it?

I was asked to handle the GNOME mega-updates because so much of GNOME
was released in a semi-random way with packages getting left behind.
I'm sorry if I had not consulted everyone before I started, but the
kind of maintainer who is too busy to build packages is also the kind
of person who's too busy to send me an email to opt-in. So far only
two maintainers have asked to be opted out of the new system and i
guess a few dozen people have thanked me for automating an otherwise
boring and repetitive task.

> evolution*, please.

Yup, done.

> ...but I currently have bad feelings about this process...

For the record, I think you've completely over-reacted. One polite
email would have made you look much more helpful and professional than
*4* angry emails.

Richard