Building the GNOME 3.4.1 Release

Milan Crha mcrha at redhat.com
Mon Apr 16 12:31:28 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-04-16 at 12:17 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> We've always built packages coming from the GNOME FTP and that follow
> the GNOME releases. Matthias did it, I did it, Tomas did it, and now
> Richard is doing it.

	Hi,
hmm, I do not see any x.x.x-1 build being done by any of those you name
for evo itself for the past year.

> What's so special about Evolution that we can't update it as a bug fix
> update when the package is released on the FTP site?

I still differentiate between build and update. There is no problem with
the update, there is a little problem with the build. It's mainly
because dependencies between those packages, and in case of evo 3.4.0.1
also slightly more complicated change in the .spec file, which the smart
script didn't know about.
	Bye,
	Milan