Fedora 18 schedule and Python 3.3

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Mon Apr 16 21:11:20 UTC 2012

Do we have a schedule for Fedora 18 yet?

I've started creating a feature page for getting Python 3.3 into Fedora:
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Python_3.3
but it's not clear to me yet how well the Python 3.3 upstream schedule
lines up with Fedora's schedule.  So for now I've simply used the Fedora
16 schedule, and offset the dates by a year (2011 -> 2012).

Based on that, Python 3.3 will probably be a Fedora 18 feature - though
I don't think we can do any packaging work until 3.3 hits feature freeze
(stabilizing the .pyc format and the .so ABI).  Having said that there's
plenty of work to be done getting our patches into upstream before it
hits feature freeze!

Hope this sounds sane
Dave