Install Fedora Button for LiveCD

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Apr 17 18:55:48 UTC 2012

Once upon a time, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> said:
> One angle on this that didn't get pointed out, I guess because anaconda
> team apparently isn't reading, is that at least one person on the
> anaconda team - I forget who - hates liveinst with a passion and has
> been proposing forever to kill it and replace it with a choice on the
> live image boot menu between 'boot a live desktop' and 'install' (which
> would run anaconda in a locked-down environment, just like on the DVD /
> netinst). If that plan were to actually happen it would kinda supersede
> all the other suggestions, I think.

I'm guessing that such a "anaconda in a locked-down environment" would
have to be installing packages from the network, since there certainly
isn't space on the disc for both a live image and the necessary RPMs.

At that point, what's the point of combining netinst and live?  Remove
the install-from-live support and have live images as just live images.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>