F17, firewalld, avahi

Al Dunsmuir al.dunsmuir at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 17 20:32:33 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 4:15:53 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Apr 17, 2012, at 1:49 PM, Andreas Tunek wrote:
>> I do not see anything in the f17 feature page describing any graphical
>> configuration tool. But I also agree that gui configuratio is needed,
>> otherwise it will probably be really difficult to do things like connect
>> via ssh or share via rygel or other dlna server.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD#Graphical_Configuration_Tool
> "firewall-config is the main configuration tool"

It  also  says  "is"...  but in spite of the use of the present tense,
that  tool  is  not  available on the Fedora 17 Beta.?

This begs the questions:
- Is it currently available for installation and testing with the beta?
- Will it be available for the Fedora 17 GA?
- Will firewall-config be reasonably well tested by GA?
- What  confidence  does  Fesco  have in the resulting GA under these
  circumstances?