rescue mode doest active lvm

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Wed Apr 18 16:55:50 UTC 2012

Hi after read documentation
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/16/html/Installation_Guide/ap-rescuemode.html

seems that assume that lvm is active on process, but booting with
boot.iso , lvm is not activated in boot process.
so without do lvm vgchange -a y
we can't see any /dev/mapper/...
So look it is a but and I want reported but I don't know what is
component that involved rescue mode.
so Can someone help me ?

On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 15:38 +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> Hi,
> from http://fedorasolved.org/Members/zcat/shrink-lvm-for-new-partition
> "Boot into rescue mode and on the last step make sure to SKIP mounting
> your filesystems under /mnt/sysimage
> Activate LVM
>   * lvm vgchange -a y"
>

> If I boot into rescue mode at the not skip mounting, I got a message
> that can't find any partitions, because they is an lvm .
>
> why in recuse mode, lvm is not Activated ?
>
> I check with F17 boot.iso and also the same with F16 boot.iso .
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Sérgio M. B.

Sérgio M. B.