Building the GNOME 3.4.1 Release

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Apr 19 11:20:34 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-04-14 at 17:07 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 00:04:05 +0100
> Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 14 April 2012 22:31, Debarshi Ray <rishi.is at lostca.se> wrote:
> > > What about using a page on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ ?
> >
> > Unless I'm mistaken, you can't have more than one person editing a
> > wiki page at the same time. Seeing as there's normally 3 or 4 of us
> > building packages simultaneously, it needs to be instant-apply. Does
> > Fedora have an etherpad instance? Is that free enough?
>
> We don't have etherpad, but we do have gobby:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Gobby

And gedit has a plugin for it...=)

Actually, gobby is more or less dead and replaced by libinfinity now,
the gedit plugin wants to work with libinfinity not obby any more, IIRC.
I looked into all this stuff a while back and even got it working on my
own systems, but eventually dumped it in favour of simply having text
files in a 'personal cloud', which does the job I wanted.
obby/libinfinity would be better for what the GNOME team wants, though.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey