F17, firewalld, avahi

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Apr 19 18:16:15 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 08:38 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 11:40:52 +0200
> Thomas Woerner <twoerner at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> ...snip...
>
> > The man pages and more documentation will be released in a new
> > package this week. firewall-config will not be finished before F-17
> > GOLD.
>
> Would it be possible to update the feature page with what is currently
> working, done, landed in F17?
>
> Everything else really needs to move to F18 at this point.
> After beta is not the time to be landing new features, heavily changing
> code or switching behavior.
>
> Do we need to enact the fallback plan here and move the entire feature
> to F18?

I think that should be seriously considered. Like Chris, I'm not
terribly comfortable with the idea of shipping a default firewall that
has no graphical configuration tool, and a command line one which will
be entirely unfamiliar to people. It seems like a recipe for pain. I
also agree with Chris that if we're going to do it, we should do it
*now*, not wait until we're halfway through validation.

Could we bung this on the agenda for the next FESCo meeting?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey