Install Fedora Button for LiveCD

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Thu Apr 19 21:24:28 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:16 AM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:
> No, it is not. I've said so the first time, and I have not changed my
> opinion. Make it a notification.

All this discussion is obscuring the original problem. Although a
notification is easy, if it is dismissed, it fails as a method to
start an install. So it's inferior to a dedicated button.
Also, I think the use cases are inaccurate... Install would normally
be only after seeing that the basic desktop / networking /
suspend-resume was working properly. So I see several use cases: use
livecd for some activity; use for testing followed by install; and
more rarely, install immediately. A notification or popup at login
time is only really a good fit for the immediate install use case.

-Cam