Install Fedora Button for LiveCD

Florian Müllner fmuellner at gnome.org
Fri Apr 20 08:11:32 UTC 2012

Hey,

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Kamil Paral <kparal at redhat.com> wrote:

> I tried that out. For some reason the notification doesn't pop up after I
> run the program, is that intended?

No, it should be shown in "banner mode" like in
http://imgur.com/Gk1Az(that's a screenshot of running the unmodified
program here).

Currently that is obscure the same way the current dash launcher is. We
> would need at least to pop up that notification right after logging in, and
> then hide the notification if users clicks on it (outside the Install
> button). Ideally it should be clear that the button is still available to
> the user even if I dismiss the notification (I'm not sure how to do that).

After the notification pops down (either due to a timeout or because the
users dismisses it explicitly) the message tray ("translucent black bar at
the bottom holding notification icons") is shown for a moment to indicate
that that's where the notification went.

Another question is what happens if user doesn't dismiss it, what about
> other notifications, do they just queue and don't show up?

Only for the duration the notification is actively shown (as in my
screenshot), which is about two seconds if I recall correctly.

Regards,
Florian