Fedora 18 Release name voting and Poll for whether to continue naming releases

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 08:36:17 UTC 2012

On 20 April 2012 07:41, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
> As for the poll -- The Board has heard a lot of people asking to remove code
> names but is unsure if thats just because thats the group that happen to
> subscribe to the mailing list in question.

When have you ever heard "I'm running Fedora Beefy Miracle and it
works fine. You should upgrade from Lovelock"

Never. Nobody uses the code names. It's a waste of time and choosing
names like "Beefy Miracle" is a good way of making the distro look a
whole lot less professional.

Just call it "Fedora 18".

Richard.