GPT

Nikos Roussos nikos at autoverse.net
Sun Apr 22 17:04:48 UTC 2012

On Apr 22, 2012 6:35 PM, "Chris Murphy" <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2012, at 8:17 AM, Nikos Roussos wrote:
>
>> I just tried to do a fresh installation with the F17 Beta Installation
DVD (x86_64). On the partitions stage I chose to use all space, discarding
all preexisting partitions, but it creates an msdos partition table instead
of gpt.

>> Is something changed on the default anaconda configuration since F16?
>>

> What hardware do you have? It may be gpt blacklisted. I can't reproduce
your results, even starting out with a disk that's MBR using "All Space"
flips it to GPT.

It's a lenovo thinkpad (edge). I remember a bug about some thinkpad models
having problem with gpt, but it would seem to me as an extreme action if
all lenovo models were blacklisted. Gpt was working just fine on F16 on the
same hardware.

I'm wondering if there is a grub option to force gpt for anaconda.