GPT

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sun Apr 22 17:20:15 UTC 2012

On Apr 22, 2012, at 11:04 AM, Nikos Roussos wrote:

> It's a lenovo thinkpad (edge). I remember a bug about some thinkpad models having problem with gpt, but it would seem to me as an extreme action if all lenovo models were blacklisted. Gpt was working just fine on F16 on the same hardware.

I'm going to guess that it's easier to blacklist a make, than individual models.
> I'm wondering if there is a grub option to force gpt for anaconda.

One way to opt in is to use parted or gdisk to make a GPT without a partition, then tell Anaconda to use the "Use Free Space" installation type. Actually, only the "Use All Space" causes a change in partition scheme, so you could also make a single partition GPT disk with parted or gdisk, and also use the "Replace Existing Linux System" option.

Chris Murphy