Fedora 17 Beta Observations

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 13:02:11 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 21:32 -0400, Mark Bidewell wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>         On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 07:29 -0400, Mark Bidewell wrote:
>         > The VM I used had 1GB of memory.

>         Does the 'basic graphics mode' option work?

> OK, dug into the logs, at the tail end of the X.log file is a Seg
> Fault loading.  I am attaching the X.log file.  Basic graphics mode
> does work, however the buttons along the bottom are not visible.

So it looks for the VMWare 'vmwgfx' driver and it's not there (I'm not
sure if that driver is something Fedora would be expected to include, or
if it's a 'guest additions' kind of thing). Then it falls back on
'vmwlegacy', which promptly blows up.

ajax, airlied, are we expecting this 'vmwlegacy' driver to work, or
should it be suppressed in favour of vesa or something?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey