Fedora 18 Release name voting and Poll for whether to continue naming releases

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 13:39:40 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-04-23 at 15:21 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 09:58 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> >
> >> Why isn't adding a link to an explanation to avoid misunderstandings
> >> originating from conotations sufficient anymore? This is at least what
> >> had been done in the past.
> >
> > 'sufficient' to what purpose?
>
> To explain the intentional co-notations and if necessary, whose which
> were not meant.

Well, as I suggested with my personal position in the bit of my mail you
cut out, I don't think the proposal to stop doing release names is
actually motivated by any kind of worries about the connotations of
'beefy miracle'. I've always thought the names were a waste of time so I
was more than happy to jump on a 'no more names' bandwagon when it came
along, and it's been stated elsewhere in the thread that those who
initiated the 'no more names' proposal are not the same people who were
apparently offended by the beef.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey