Fedora 18 Release name voting and Poll for whether to continue naming releases

Tomas Radej tradej at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 15:50:42 UTC 2012

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 16:01:56 +0100
Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23/04/12 14:50, Tomas Radej wrote:
>

> >> But their numbering is crap.
> >> 12.04 ?
> >
> > April 2012
>
> My point exactly, name fits better in their scenario.
> "Ah Jules, are you on April or October,
> tweleve, I believe?"
>
> Me ducks for cover.

I think numbering/naming problem is only about the target audience. If Non-geek users tend to stick with names (Karmic Koala, Gingerbread, Belle) and devs/powerusers prefer numbering, what's the problem? I don't see much confusion about naming and numbering on the message boards.

> >> I didn't know Jules Verne was superman's nemesis.
> >
> > Zod was.
>
> But he didn't come before the Beefy Miracle.
> It was one in, one out for a while.
>
> Me ducks for cover again.

Zod was mentioned one paragraph above.

--