RFC: Primary architecture promotion requirements

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 21:07:36 UTC 2012

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" (johannbg at gmail.com) said:
> >Thanks for the clarification.  I just wanted to make sure I understood that.
>
> FESCo should make that more clear in the requirements but even if
> they do they still make secondary architecture solely depended upon
> the will and the time of someone within the "Installer team" to
> implement the solution required to install Fedora for their
> architecture before they can become primary architecture.

There are these magical things called patches that can be submitted.
Much like the secondary arch team would need to do so for the kernel
(also mentioned in the guidelines), the X maintainers (also mentioned
in the guidelines), etc. Unless you're suggesting secondary arch
maintainers are somehow unable to do so?

Fedora's about providing a consistent experience wherever possible; this
means using consistent interactive installation tools, consistent image
creation tools, and so on.

Bill