RFC: Primary architecture promotion requirements

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 22:08:54 UTC 2012

On 04/23/2012 09:07 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Fedora's about providing a consistent experience wherever possible; this
> means using consistent interactive installation tools

It's not enough to always be using the same tools but those tools need
to be consitent in usage as well so for your noble goal now try putting
consistency and Anaconda in the same sentence =)

All jokes aside and focusing on a bit more broader but fundemental
question so I and perhaps some others can get a better understanding why
things are as they are in the 21 first century.

Why do we distinquish between architectures in the first place and what
do we hope to achive or otherwise gain from doing that in a community
that first and foremost is about scratching your own itch ( at least for
some of us )?

What is the justification for the need for the seperation in the firstplace?

JBG