Fedora 18 Release name voting and Poll for whether to continue naming releases

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Apr 24 09:14:12 UTC 2012

On 04/21/2012 12:33 AM, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Yes, and I wonder why Fedora users just don't it. Nobody knows why,
> either we have too stupid names, or we are too geeky, or something. And
> I have to admit, that although my first Debian was potato and I have
> switched to Fedora just before etch (and I have no idea, what was the
> number of these releases), I have never felt the smallest inclination to
> call my first Fedora distro anything else than Fedora Core 6.

Speaking about myself: because Fedora change too often. Lets take last 3
Debian releases (etch, lenny, squeeze) and you are in year 2007. For the
same range you have eleven Fedora releases. That is too much. I can keep
only 3-5 last releases in my poor head.
So while I can distinguish age of Etch and Lenny, I could not do that
for Moonshine and Sulphur. But I can do that for Fedora 7 and Fedora 9.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering