Fedora 18 Release name voting and Poll for whether to continue naming releases

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 13:16:58 UTC 2012

On 24/04/12 13:59, Ian Malone wrote:

> More practically, the problem with names in Fedora is that they're
> selected and voted on with little connection to anything else,
.
I think the real problem, offended people aside.
Is nobody uses the names to refer to a fedora release.
Witin @fpo lists its "f15,f16, etc..
Outside any Fedora related list it's Fedora N (where N is a number)

If names are voted to be kept, be pragmatic.
Release: Fedora 18 (as an example)
Release Name: Fedora "Eighteen"
Using Google translate:

Chinese Fedora 十八
Finnish: Fedora Vastanneista
Dutch: Fedora achttien
French: Fedora Dix-huit
German: Fedora achtzehn
Japanese: Fedora 18個

Hence there is a name to go with a release.

As an English speaker in Ireland,
Beefy Miracle conjures up human reproduction

But, it certainly doesn't offend me.
Sure, my kids call me Tubby.
At 24 stone, guess what I am.
!= Slimmer of the year