firewalld / iptables.service past F17

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Apr 24 14:38:49 UTC 2012

Am 24.04.2012 16:30, schrieb Jon Ciesla:
> Nothing is being taken away, the default is being changed.  If you're
> using Fedora in production, I presume you're installing with
> Kickstart.  You can set up anything you like in Kickstart, including
> not using firewalld if you so desire.

thank you for your feedback
exactly this was my question

i liked to get sure that "iptables.service" is not planned to get
removed in future releases and my intention here was to explain
why it can not be replaced in many perfectly working environments
before future decisions are made to get not offended again why
i come up after things are done

installation and default does not matter for me, i usually install
my servers once and upgrade them, currently F16, installed with F8

i repeat my original question to have the full context here