How can we make F17 be able to boot on Macs (with or without reFit)

John Reiser jreiser at
Wed Apr 25 02:20:00 UTC 2012

On Apple Macmini1,1 Intel Core Duo [i686 only] booted with DVD in builtin
drive and Alt held down:  I get one EFI Boot with Fedora logo, and one
Windows with platter logo (and two harddrive logos, corresponding to
pre-existing resident OS).

Choosing EFI Boot diplays a large folder icon with a question mark, which
blinks a couple times; then the regular Apple large logo and normal Apple boot.
So FAIL for Fedora EFI boot.

Choosing the Windows logo gets a VGA-like display (black with white
character-cell text):
 Select CD-ROM Boot Type :
and there is no response to console keyboard.  So FAIL again.

Booting with C key held down [no Shift; should force "default" CD/DVD choice]
gives the same as choosing Windows logo from booting with Alt held down.
FAIL the third time.

Which component should I file for bugzilla?