Proposal for revitalizing the sponsorship process for packaging

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Apr 25 22:03:25 UTC 2012

For a while now I have been working on a proposal for some changes to
both the way we elevate packagers to sponsors and what (to a small
extent) sponsors actually do.  Please note that this is not a proposal
for any changes to how people are made members of the packager group in
the first place and does not change the privileges of existing sponsors.

My proposal is at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Tibbs/RevitalizingSponsorshipProposal

I've run this by FESCo, whose response was favorable, so I'm sending
this to a larger audience.  Please let me know what you think.

 - J<