Proposal for revitalizing the sponsorship process for packaging

Paul Wouters pwouters at redhat.com
Thu Apr 26 19:52:05 UTC 2012

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> So the big question is -- where did this break down?  How can we update our
> documentation to guide people in this direction?

I find bugzilla as the core around which to navigate where things are
in a process difficult and inconvenient. Its emails don't really help
me as I get so many, and at the wrong times. The "my bugs" or
"frontpage" does not really help me to see which bugs have been updated
recently for me to look at. I end up opening 20+ tabs and scrolling down
in each item.

Is there some kind of RSS plugin for bugzilla?

Similarly, I find tracking all my packages and branches and repositories
not always that easy too, especially in the case of problems. Like I
modify git, push and build and it fails, and I ran out of time to look
at it. Perhaps people are using tools I'm not aware of?

It would also be nice if fedora could detect two day old 'testing'
packages, and popup with a +1/-1 karma vote box. It would result in me
giving much more karma then I do now and speed up the process, though it
would not handle karma for specific bugs that a specific update is
supposed to fix.

Paul