F16->F17 preupgrade (Re: F17 Beta to slip by an additional week.)

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 20:05:02 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-26 at 19:50 +0200, MichaƂ Piotrowski wrote:

> Has anyone tried to preupgrade from F16 to F17? Are there any problems
> related to UsrMove (or anything else)?

I made the jump via preupgrade and had quite a bit of trouble. A number
of packages didn't get upgraded while some of their dependencies did,
including several that had strict version deps which should have
prevented this.

I ended up with a system that was effectively unusable until I followed
it with a 'yum distro-sync'.

For those wondering "where are the BZs", there was too much wrong in my
system for me to be able to get a graphical environment to log into
Bugzilla until after the distro-sync, at which point I no longer had
access to the data I would need to file meaningful bug reports.