About packaging Zotero (trademarked name) standalone for Fedora (was: About packaging Zotero standalone for Fedora)

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 16:31:15 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 02:51:52PM +0100, Ilyes Gouta wrote:

> Alright, I'm then proceeding with the packaging.

I've opened this ticket with the Fedora Packaging Committee.  I don't know
that it belongs there but next time we meet we'll discuss it and send it to
a different group if that's what we decide needs to happen:

  https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/170

Don't let this stop you from starting to package this.  The worst case
scenario would be that you'd need to replace the trademarked name in the
software when we build it and name the package something different.  And
that's the worst case... there's other possible outcomes as well.

-Toshio