How to obtain the latest rawhide mesa package via Fedora's scm?

Ilyes Gouta ilyes.gouta at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 23:22:59 UTC 2012

Hi,

I read a recent Fedora rawhide report and found that mesa is now at
8.1 (master @ upstream), but then couldn't fetch the Fedora branch
using fedpkg, as I usually do.

$ fedpkg switch-branch f17    (OK)
$ fedpkg switch-branch master    (OK, still has the mesa-20120424 snapshot)
$ fedpkg switch-branch f18    (NOK, doesn't exist yet)

mesa-8.1-0.2.fc18
* Thu Apr 26 2012 Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> 8.1-0.2
- Don't build vmware stuff on non-x86 (#815444)

Any pointers on how to get that update?

I intend to build it locally as I'm also testing Wayland master; which
now requires new symbols from gbm, such as
gbm_surface_lock_front_buffer() and gbm_bo_get_format().

Thanks,

-Ilyes