Insane results from mock "rawhide" build

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Fri Aug 3 01:27:14 UTC 2012

I just did

/usr/bin/mock -r fedora-rawhide-x86_64 /tmp/freeimage-3.10.0-10.fc18.src.rpm

after having flushed /var/cache/mock, so that current packages would get
pulled down.  Or so I thought.  When the build failed and I went to find
out why, I discovered that it had supplied me with an ancient libtiff:

DEBUG util.py:257:   libtiff-devel          x86_64   3.9.5-2.fc17                    fedora   451 k
DEBUG util.py:257:   libtiff                x86_64   3.9.5-2.fc17                    fedora   136 k

That version of the package was obsoleted in April, not only in rawhide
but F17 as well, so WTF?  Where is mock pulling this from?

(The other packages it grabbed seem to be an assortment of mostly fc17
and a few fc18 builds; didn't really check dates on the others, but for
sure this is not a post-mass-rebuild package set.)

			regards, tom lane