Broken dependencies from F17->F18 upgrade

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Sun Aug 19 14:31:56 UTC 2012

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 03:14:22PM +0200, Dodji Seketeli wrote:

> It turned out glxinfo says at some line:
>
>     OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 0x301)
>
> which means I am running the (slow) software render.
>
> The reason is that the r300 driver couldn't be loaded b/c my user
> doesn't have the rights to open /dev/dri/card0:
>
> I am running this rawhide box using init 3
> (/lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target) as the default init level, and I
> am running the desktop by doing:
>
>     xinit /dev/gnome-session
>
> So somewhere something is failing to make my user be properly acl'd
> onto the /dev/dri/card0 device, and I have no idea what I should do to
> have it fixed.  Anyone has got an idea?

  Devices needing ACLs are marked by "uaccess" TAG in udev rules. For
/dev/dri/*, the rule is in /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/70-uaccess.rules:

SUBSYSTEM=="drm", KERNEL=="card*", TAG+="uaccess"

You should verify this with "udevadm info --name=/dev/dri/card0 --query=property".

  Yet, the way you start graphical desktop is suspicious at least. I'm not
entirely sure if logind registers new graphical session and if ACL
are set.
  This, in turn, you can verify by "loginctl" with various commands - list-sessions,
session-status etc.

--
Tomasz Torcz               RIP is irrevelant. Spoofing is futile.
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl     Your routes will be aggreggated. -- Alex Yuriev