What's the reason for not accepting karma from Bodhi submitter

Julian Leyh julian at vgai.de
Mon Aug 20 12:23:26 UTC 2012

2012/8/20 Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>:

> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/qemu-1.2-0.3.20120806git3e430569.fc18
>
> I built the package, and I tested it.  Yet doing the right thing means
> my karma doesn't count ...
>
> IMO this change makes the karma system (even) worse than before.
>
> Rich.

If you submit it, it means you already tested and approved it. Karma
from you gives no new (quality) information about the package. It
should be tested by independent people.

If you want to add notes what it fixed, you could have done in the
update message.

In means of software testing and quality assurance the system is good
the way it is.