What's the reason for not accepting karma from Bodhi submitter

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Mon Aug 20 13:36:32 UTC 2012

Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> Furthermore, a not-inconsequential consideration is proxy-karma. For
> example, I have in the past occasionally given karma +1 (and -1) on my
> own packages from users that did not have Fedora accounts (or couldn't
> manage to defeat the ogre that is FAS's CAPTCHA).

If Bodhi were to be designed for proxy karma it should allow the maintainer
unlimited karma points so that they could act as a proxy for more than one
user. Allowing one proxy karma point but not more than one would be a quite
arbitrary restriction.

I'm not advocating this. I'm just pointing out a logical consequence that
officially allowing proxy karma would have.

Björn Persson