What's the reason for not accepting karma from Bodhi submitter

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 13:44:21 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 02:17:59PM +0200, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Dne 20.8.2012 13:37, Richard W.M. Jones napsal(a):
> >https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/qemu-1.2-0.3.20120806git3e430569.fc18
> >
> >I built the package, and I tested it.  Yet doing the right thing means
> >my karma doesn't count ...
> >
> >IMO this change makes the karma system (even) worse than before.
> >
> >Rich.
> >

> And if you don't give the karma to your package, we could expect the
> opposite? I.e. you don't built it and it is not tested => it does
> not work? Take it as a peer review system.

If I'm parsing your comment correctly, then:

 (1) If I don't give any karma, that's because I didn't test the
     update, or I tested the update but was unable to reproduce the
     bug (eg. if the bug affected some system which I don't have
     access to, but there is an upstream fix which seems reasonable to
     apply).

 (2) If I give negative karma, that's because I tested the update and
     found it didn't work.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/