Mass changes to packaging

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Tue Aug 21 22:02:48 UTC 2012

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 02:23:41PM -0400, Lukas Nykryn wrote:
>> Sorry for this mess. After a discussion, we have decided, that the
>> best way would be to create bugs for every packages and then helping
>> creating patches for specfiles.
>
> Just to be clear, I had no problem at all with the bugs being filed,
> nor with the changes (which seem very sensible).  I just pointed out
> it would be better if you actually fixed the packages, or at least
> offered to do that for packagers.

One thing to be careful of is compatibility with prior releases, and
especially EPEL.  I maintain a lot of package for EPEL and as much as possible
I maintain the same spec on all branchs.  Changes going into the master branch
of my packages that I couldn't just merge into prior releases would be a
problem for me.

That caveat aside, I'm always happy to have help :)

--
Orion Poplawski
NWRA, Boulder Office                  FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com