prefered way of configuring X11 keyboard layouts in F18

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Sat Dec 1 23:38:49 UTC 2012

On Sex, 2012-11-30 at 14:51 +0100, Jan Včelák wrote:
> On Friday 30 of November 2012 14:06:03, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
> > I guess now is used /etc/vconsole.conf. Could you add it into upgrade
> > page if it works for you?
> > Imho it's related to my previous question:
> > https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/963
>
> OK, I added an additional step to the instructions:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum#Fedora_17_-.3E_Fedora_18

system-config-keyboard should do this:

     1. Get the old settings: cat /etc/sysconfig/keyboard
     2. Set the new settings: su -c 'localectl set-x11-keymap <layout>
     3. Remove the old configuration file: su -c
        'rm /etc/sysconfig/keyboard'

or at least warning that we should do something new like this .

--
Sérgio M. B.