Yum Package Remove Order

Fernando Nasser fnasser at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 23:01:52 UTC 2012

Besides a call to /sbin/chkconfig perhaps I see no reason for anything
to be done in %post, %preun etc.  in a setup like the on you describe.

These "scripts" are supposed to be used for very simple and very unlikely
commands like adding a user or a service to boot, they should not install
or remove files (directly) of any kind, there are other sections that
have the appropriate mechanisms to do that and detect problems at rpmbuild
time instead of when you are installing/uninstalling.

Regards,
Fernando