Blocker Bug Voting and Conversation

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 13:22:12 UTC 2012

> Affected Voters:
>  - Do you vote on blocker status in bug comments?

If necessary, but I don't like it much. In my experience the discussion in the meeting is often very helpful to understand the nature of the bug, and it can shift my opinion substantially.

Also I don't like spamming bugzilla with irrelevant data. It makes the whole bug report less readable.

>  - Would you vote on blocker status more often if you could easily
>  vote
>    outside of meetings?

If we are not in a rush, I'd keep everything in the meeting. If we are in a rush (like now), I'd move some "obvious" (or controversial, those might be good candidates too) items outside of the meeting, but not into the bugzilla. An email thread on the test list is much better. It can contain long discussion without obfuscating bugzilla. Bugzilla can contain just a single comment with a hyperlink to the discussion, so that anyone interested can join. Once consensus is reached on the list, one of QA guys can update bugzilla status.

There is one important drawback, and that is the necessity to be subscribed to the list.