Fedora ARM status meeting 2012-12-05

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Thu Dec 6 00:18:33 UTC 2012

On 12/05/2012 02:39 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> I can't make the meeting. It conflicts with the Board meeting.
>
>> Current items on the agenda:
>>
>> 1) Current Problem packages
>>
>> 2) F18 ARM VFAD - additional feedback, blockers?
>>
>> 3) Ownership of non-release blocking images (Beagleboard XM, etc)
>
> Who decided this was a non blocker? It was my understanding it was a
> blocker. It was supported in F17 and it was discussed that it wasn't a
> blocker for alpha.

Paul is going to start a thread specifically on some of these additional
targets, seeking volunteers to support them. I could go either way on
the BB-XM. It's not too much hassle to test but it's also yet another
target and so far there don't seem to be people yelling yet.

>> 4) aarch64 update
>>
>> 5) Your topic here
>
> koji updates. I've still not heard any progress on the repos issues. A
> ticket was filed in the tracker.

Hopefully we will get an update. It seems rebuilding some of the repos,
in tandem with the hdf5 soname bump rebuild somewhere along the lines
has resulted in a buildroot with a working compiler for netcdf. I can't
reproduce the problems we had with that in either a local v5 or v7, or a
mock v5 or v7, and a scratch build succeeded earlier as well of the -3
release, which is what we need to end up with anyway.

Jon.